How to Start a Destination Imagination Team
How to Start a Destination Imagination Team – it’s easy!
Step One – Form a Team
- One Adult Team Manager (or co-managers) – teachers or parents may manage teams
- 2 to 7 team members – invite friends to form a team, start an extra-curricular activity or club or use the Team Challenge to enhance classroom curriculum
Step Two – Age/grade groups
- Rising Stars – Preschool through Grade 2
- Elementary Level – Kindergarten to Grade 5
- Middle Level – Grade 6 – 8
- Secondary Level – Grade 9 – 12
Step Three – Request Your Team Challenge Pack – FREE
- Request your Team Challenge Pack
- You will receive a team number and instructions on how to download your Team Challenge Package, Roadmap, and Rules of the Road FREE!
Step Four – Choose your Challenge
- Review the Challenges with your team
- Let the team choose the Challenge they wish to solve
- Practice Instant Challenges
- Your Challenge solutions should take 6 – 10 weeks
- Start by meeting once per week for 60 – 90 minutes
Step Five – Attend a Tournament and Celebrate Creativity!
Tournaments are a one-day event to show your Challenge Presentation to a team of trained volunteer Appraisers and to take part in the Instant Challenge
- Regional tournaments are held in early March
- Provincial Tournament held on Saturday, April 6, 2019 – all teams are invited to participate in the Provincial Tournament
- Your team may qualify to advance to the Global Finals in Knoxville, Tennessee in May 2019